How To Start a WordPress Blog With Siteground
START A WORDPRESS BLOG ON SITEGROUND
Click on this link to go to Siteground.
1. CHOOSE A HOSTING PLAN
There are 3 hosting plans which are:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
I would recommend going for the basic hosting plan to start off with until you are ready to perhaps create more blogs. I personally have the GrowBig plan.
2. CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME
Your domain name is the name that you will be giving your blog/website. Have a brainstorming session of the names that sound good to you, and something that I would recommend is choosing something that people would search for in Google, or even better – something quirky that people are likely to remember. You want to be memorable!
If you already have a domain name, then make sure that you check the box to say that you do and it will transfer over.
3. ENTER YOUR INFORMATION
Once you have purchased your domain name, it’s now time to fill in all of your information – pretty straightforward!
4. CHOOSE YOUR HOSTING SERVICE LENGTH
5. ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY CREATED
Congrats, you have now set up your account with Siteground! Now the next step is to set you up with WordPress.
Within the Siteground site, go to the ‘My Accounts’ tab and then to the orangey-red button which says ‘Go to cPanel’.
Next, in the ‘Autoinstallers’ section, click on ‘WordPress’.
Next, click on the blue ‘Install’ button.
After you have clicked on Install, fill in the information on the page. You can see below how mine looks (you don’t need to fill in everything).
At the bottom of the page, ignore where it says about choosing a theme, I would recommend doing this within your site once it’s all set up. Click on ‘Install’ at the bottom.
If you have any questions, please shoot me an email and I would be happy to help!