There are lots of different types of cranes available nowadays. This is extremely beneficial because it means that there is a crane to suit all tasks. Nonetheless, one of the most popular options is definitely mobile crane hire. There are indeed many different types of mobile cranes available. You can have anything from a full-sized crane to those which are rather basic and boast merely a telescopic boom on a platform. In essence there are five main types; side lift, crawler, railroad, all terrain and truck. This article will look at each of the five types in further depth. Thus, keep on reading to find out more.
- Truck – This is probably the most popular option out of the five. In this instance, the crane is mounted onto the body of the truck. One of the main benefits with going for this type of mobile crane is the fact that they can easily travel on motorways and alike. Because of this, you don’t need to worry about seeking special transport in order to manoeuvre the crane. Not only does this make your life a lot easier but it also reduces costs substantially as well.
- Crawler – This is another popular type of mobile crane. In this instance the crane is mounted onto an undercarriage with a set of crawlers i.e. tracks. This provide both mobility and stability at the same time. There are lots of benefits associated with going for this option. Firstly, you will require very little set up to get the crawler up and running. In addition to this, the crane is capable of moving with a load as well.
- All terrain – It is all in the name when it comes to this type of crane. From rough terrain to smooth roads; this type of crane suits both. This means you can easily travel on the busy main roads. Nevertheless, when it comes to utilisation on a construction site boasting rough terrain it can travel just as well thanks to all wheel and crab steering.
- Side lift – A side lift crane is either a semi-trailer or a road going truck that has the capacity to be able to hoist and move any ISO basic containers. How are these hoists achieved? Well, the lift is essentially done via parallel crane like hoists. This allows a container to be easily lifted from the ground.
- Railroad – Last but not least, the fifth and final type of popular mobile crane is the railroad version. As you may have gathered; this has been designed in order for railroad use specifically. The difference between this crane and other cranes is the fact that it has flanged wheels in order to make its utilisation a lot easier and more effective.
Find a company with a lot of care
You need to choose a company for crane hire with supreme care. Companies like Hofmann Law Firm can help you to make a claim if there has been an injury because of a mistake made on behalf of the hire firm. However, you will be in a difficult position if the incident was your own fault.
You will want to make sure that there are many different mobile cranes available for you to choose from, including the likes of; mini crawlers, spierings cranes, and much more. You are therefore guaranteed to find the crane hire you are looking for. Thus ensuring that you and your business can quickly and effectively complete the task you have at hand.
In addition to this, you may want to find a company that has a contract lifting service. This is a highly popular option because it provides individuals with the full package. Not only will you be able to hire any equipment you need but you will also reap the rewards of operators and traffic management. Make sure all of the staff are experienced and have the necessary training. Plus, make sure equipment receives regular checks too.
These five types of cranes mentioned are the main types that are being utilised by companies today. If you require the use of any of the five mobile cranes mentioned then all you need to do is take a look online and find a quality crane hire company for you. There are plenty for you to choose from, thus this shouldn’t be too difficult.
This is a collaborative post.